Need help about a course?
|Home » Syllabus » Andhra Pradesh » Kakatiya University » Undergraduate Courses » BSc Computer Science » Ist Year|
1st Year Theory – Productivity Tools & C Lab Syllabus
|Ask a question|
Print this page
Important Note: This Syllabus is common for BSc Students of Andhra University, Kakatiya University & Osmania University admitted from the year 2008-09
1.Design a visiting card for Managing Director of a Company with following specification
i.Size of visiting card is 3.5” x 2”
ii.Name of a company with big font using Water Mark
iii.Phone number, fax number and e-mail address with appropriate symbols
iv.Office and residence address separated by line.
2.Create a letter head of a company
i.Name of Company on the top of the page with big font and good style
ii.Phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail address with appropriate symbols
iii.Main products manufactured to be described at the bottom
iv.Slogans if any should be specified in bold at the bottom
3.Creation of your Bio-Data: consisting Name, email-id, Contact Address, Carrier Objective, Educational qualifications, social activities, achievements.
1.Make a Power point presentation on your strengths, weaknesses, hobbies, factors that waste your time.
2.Make a Power point presentation on any Current affair (Not less than 8 slides)
3.Make a Power point presentation to represent your College profile.
4.Make a Power point presentation of all the details of the books that you had studied in B.Sc. First Year.
1.Create a database using MS-ACCESS with atleast 5 records
TABLE1 STRUCTURE: REGISTER NUMBER NAME DOB GENDER CLASS
TABLE2 STRUCTURE: REGISTER NUMBER M1 M2 M3 M4 M5 TOTAL
Maintain the relationship between two tables with REGISTER NUMBER as a Primary Key and answer the following quarries:
Show the list of students with the following fields as one query
REGISTER NUMBER NAME GENDER TOTALMARKS
2. Maintain the relationship between above two tables with REGISTER NUMBER as a Primary Key and answer the following reports:Reports must have following columns
Report1 with REGISTER NUMBER, NAME, MARKS OF ALL SUBJECTS and TOTAL
Report2 with REGISTER NUMBER, TOTAL , PERCENTAGE.
3. Create a database using MS-ACCESS with at least 5 records
TABLE1 STRUCTURE: EMP-CODE EMP-NAME AGE GENDER DOB
TABLE2 STRUCTURE: EMP-CODE BASIC-PAY
Maintain the relationship between two tables with EMP-CODE as a Primary Key generate the following reports:
EMP-CODE EMP-NAME BASIC-PAY DA HRA GROSS-SALARY
EMP-CODE EMP-NAME AGE GENDER GROSS-SALARY
1.Create an electronic spreadsheet in which you enter the following decimal numbers and convert into Octal, Hexadecimal and Binary numbers Vice versa. Decimal Numbers: 35,68,95,165,225,355,375,465 Binary Numbers: 101,1101,111011,10001,110011001,111011111.
2.The ABC Company shows the sales of different products for 5 years. Create column chart, 3D-column and Bar chart for the following data
3.Create a suitable examination data base and find the sum of the marks(total) of each student and respective class secured by the student rules:
Pass if marks in each subject >=35
Distinction if average>=75
First class if average>=60 but <75
Second class if average>=50 but <60
Third class if average>=35 but<50
Fail if marks in any subject is <35
Display average marks of the class, subject wise and pass percentage.
1. Program for
i. Sum of factors of a number
ii. Sum of digits of a number
2. Program to check whether a given number is
i. Prime number or not
ii. Perfect number or not
iii. Armstrong number or not
3. Program using recursion for
i. Factorial of a given number
ii. Fibonacci series
4. Program for roots of a quadratic equation
5. Program using functions
i. With out return value
ii. With return value
iii. With parameters
iv. With out parameters
6. Program to find largest/smallest of n numbers by using arrays
7. Program for sorting an array
8. Program for matrix addition & subtraction
9. Program for matrix multiplication
10. Program for transpose of a given matrix
11. Program for (with and without string functions)
i. Comparison of two string
ii. Concatenation of two strings
iii. Length of a string
12. Program to process student information. Student structure consists Sno, Sname, Marks in 6 subjects, Total, average. Calculate total and average of n students and assign grade with following criteria.
Grade A : All pass and avg >=75
Grade B: All pass and avg>=60 and avg<75
Grade C: All pass and avg>=50 and avg<60
Grade D: All pass and avg>=40 and avg<50
Grade E: If fails in one or more subjects.
13. Program for (i) Nesting of Structure (ii) Passing structures to functions.
14. Program to demonstrate (i) Unions (ii) enumerated data types.
15. Program for sum of diagonal elements of a square matrix?
16. Program to access (i) array elements (ii) Structure elements using pointers.
17. Program for sorting strings using pointers.
18. Program to count number of (i) words (ii) lines (iii) Special Characters in a given text.
19. Program to create a file to store and retrieve strings using fputs() and fgets().
20. Program to create a file to store and update employee records. The employee record consists of ENO, ENAME, DEPTNO, DEPTNAME, BASICSALARY, HRA, DA, DEDUCTIONS, TOTALSALARY and NETSALARY.
21. Program to evaluate following expressions. 1 + ½ + 1/3 + ¼ + ……….. + 1/n
22. Program to find Square root of a given no.
23. Program to create table of Triangular Numbers.
24. Program for reversing digits of a no.
25. Program for Base Conversion.
The following is a partial list of syllabus of courses similar to Kakatiya University - BSc offered by other Universities in India
Note: The above courses are picked automatically by the website for indicative purpose only. However, students are requested to check with the University for the similarity of the course or for any other information in regard to the course.
Syllabus presented on this page is indicative and for general information only. Visitors are advised to contact the University directly for the official, detailed and accurate Syllabus, Transcripts and other information. List of course names mentioned here is partial and are not comprehensive and the institution would be offering many other courses than those mentioned on this page.