Need help about a course?
|Home / Syllabus / Tamil Nadu / Anna University Chennai / Postgraduate Courses / MBA - 2005 Regulation - Full Time / Electives|
Marketing - BA1724 Consumer Behaviour Syllabus
|Ask a question|
Print this page
A Website on branding
UNIT I: INTRODUCTION - 8
Consumer behaviour – concepts – dimensions of consumer behaviours – application of consumer behaviour knowledge in marketing decisions – approaches to the study of consumer behaviour.
UNIT II: CONSUMER AS AN INDIVIDUAL - 10
Consumer needs and motives – personality and consumer behavior – consumer perception – learning – consumer attitudes – attitude formation and change – communication and persuasion – self image – life style analysis.
UNIT III: CONSUMERS IN THEIR SOCIAL AND CULTURAL SETTINGS - 10
Group dynamics and consumer reference groups – Family – Social class cultural and sub-cultural aspects – cross cultural consumer behaviour.
UNIT IV: CONSUMER DECISION PROCESS AND POST-PURCHASE BEHAVIOUR - 10
Personal influence and opinion leadership – diffusion of innovations – consumer decision – making process – models of consumer decision process – Nicosia- Howard Sheth and Engel-Kollat model- post purchase behaviour – Consumer expectation and satisfaction – managing dissonance – consumer loyalty–types of loyalty programmes.
UNIT V: ADDITIONAL DIMENSIONS - 7
Consumerism – consumer protection – difficulties and challenges in predicting consumer behaviour – online consumer behaviour – organizational and industrial buyer behaviour – consumer behaviour in Indian context – emerging issues.
Total 45 periods
1. Leon G. Schiffman, Leslie Lazar Kanuk, "Consumer Behaviour", Pearson Education, New Delhi, 2002.
2. David L.Loudon, Albert J Della Bitta, "Consumer Behaviour", McGraw Hill, New Delhi 2002.
3. Jay D. Lindquist and M.Joseph sirgy, "Shopper, buyer & consumer Behaviour, Theory and Marketing application", Biztantra Publication, New Delhi 2005.
4. Sheth Mittal, "Consumer Behaviour A Managerial Perspective", Thomson Asia (P) Ltd., Singapore, 2003.
5. K.K.Srivastava, "Consumer Behaviour in Indian Context", Goal Gotia Publishing Co, New Delhi 2002.
6. S.L. Gupta & Sumitra Pal, "Consumer Behaviour an Indian Perspective", Sultan Chand, New Delhi 2001.
7. Ms.Raju, Dominique Xavedel, "Consumer behaviour, Concepts Applications and Cases", Vikas publishing house (P) Ltd., New Delhi – 2004.
8. Henry Assael, Consumer behaviour strategic approach Biztantra, New Delhi, 2005
The following is a partial list of syllabus of courses similar to Anna University Chennai - MBA - 2005 Regulation - Full Time offered by other Universities in India
Note: The above courses are picked automatically by the website for indicative purpose only. However, students are requested to check with the University for the similarity of the course or for any other information in regard to the course.
Syllabus presented on this page is indicative and for general information only. Visitors are advised to contact the University directly for the official, detailed and accurate Syllabus, Transcripts and other information. List of course names mentioned here is partial and are not comprehensive and the institution would be offering many other courses than those mentioned on this page.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: Syllabus of Anna University Chennai Ist year BSc Computer Science course