Need help about a course?
|Home / Syllabus / Andhra Pradesh / JNTU / Undergraduate Courses / BTech Common Syllabus|
HS05232 - English Language Communication skills Lab Syllabus
|Ask a question|
Print this page
The Language Lab focuses on the production and practice of sounds of language and familiarises the students with the use of English in everyday situations and contexts.
The following course content is prescribed for the English Language Laboratory sessions:
1. Introduction to the Sounds of English- Vowels, Diphthongs & Consonants.
2. Introduction to Stress and Intonation.
3. Situational Dialogues / Role Play.
4. Oral Presentations- Prepared and Extempore.
5. 'Just A Minute' Sessions (JAM).
6. Describing Objects / Situations / People.
7. Information Transfer
9. Telephoning Skills.
10. Giving Directions.
The English Language Lab shall have two parts:
i) The Computer aided Language Lab for 60 students with 60 systems, one master console, LAN facility and English language software for self- study by learners.
ii) The Communication Skills Lab with movable chairs and audio-visual aids with a P.A System, a T. V., a digital stereo -audio & video system and camcorder etc.
Computer network with Lan with minimum 60 multimedia systems with the following specifications:
i) P - IV Processor
a) Speed - 2.8 GHZ
b) RAM - 512 MB Minimum
c) Hard Disk - 80 GB
ii) Headphones of High quality
iii) Internet connectivity
Cambridge Advanced Learners' English Dictionary with CD.
The Rosetta Stone English Library
Clarity Pronunciation Power
Mastering English in Vocabulary, Grammar, Spellings, Composition
Dorling Kindersley series of Grammar, Punctuation, Composition etc.
Language in Use, Foundation Books Pvt Ltd with CD.
Learning to Speak English - 4 CDs
Microsoft Encarta with CD
Murphy's English Grammar, Cambridge with CD
Books to be procured for English Language Lab Library (to be located within the lab in addition to the CDs of the text book which are loaded on the systems):
1. Spoken English (CIEFL) in 3 volumes with 6 cassettes, OUP.
2. English Pronouncing Dictionary Daniel Jones Current Edition with CD.
3. Spoken English- R. K. Bansal and J. B. Harrison, Orient Longman 2006 Edn.
4. A Practical course in English Pronunciation, (with two Audio cassettes) by J. Sethi, Kamlesh Sadanand & D.V. Jindal, Prentice-Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
5. A text book of English Phonetics for Indian Students by T.Balasubramanian (Macmillan)
6. English Skills for Technical Students, WBSCTE with British Council, OL
English Language Laboratory Practical Paper:
1. The practical examinations for the English Language Laboratory shall be conducted as per the University norms prescribed for the core engineering practical sessions.
2. For the Language lab sessions, there shall be a continuous evaluation during the year for 25 sessional marks and 50 year-end Examination marks. Of the 25 marks, 15 marks shall be awarded for day-to-day work and 10 marks to be awarded by conducting Internal Lab Test(s). The year- end Examination shall be conducted by the teacher concerned with the help of another member of the staff of the same department of the same institution.
The following is a partial list of syllabus of courses similar to BTech Common Syllabus offered by JNTU
Note: The above courses are picked automatically by the website for indicative purpose only. However, students are requested to check with the University for the similarity of the course or for any other information in regard to the course.
Syllabus presented on this page is indicative and for general information only. Visitors are advised to contact the University directly for the official, detailed and accurate Syllabus, Transcripts and other information. List of course names mentioned here is partial and are not comprehensive and the institution would be offering many other courses than those mentioned on this page.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: Syllabus of JNTU Ist year BSc Computer Science course