Need help about a course?
|Home / Syllabus / Andhra Pradesh / JNTU / Postgraduate Courses / MBA / Ist Semester (Effective from 2007 onwards)|
Business Law & Regulation Syllabus
|Ask a question|
Print this page
A Website on branding
The objective of the course is to enable students understand the legal framework of business.
1. Law of Contract -1872 (Part-I): Nature of contract and essential elements of valid contract, Offer and Acceptance, Consideration, Capacity to contract and free consent, Legality of object.
2. Law of Contract–1872 (Part-II): Unlawful and illegal agreements, Contingent contracts, Performance and discharge of contracts, Remedies for breach of contract.
3. Special Contracts: Indemnity and guarantee, Contract of Agency, Sale of goods Act -1930: General Principles, Conditions & Warranties, Performance of Contract of Sale.
4. Indian Partnership Act–1932: Constitution of partnership,- Rights, duties and Liabilities of partners, Dissolution of partnership.
5. Negotiable Instruments Act - 1881: Negotiable Instruments- Promissory Note, Bills of Exchange, & Cheque, and their definitions and characteristics, Types of endorsements, Holder- Holder in due course, Discharge of Parties.
6. Companies Act, 1956: Steps and procedure for incorporation of the company, Company Management–Appointment of Directors, Powers, duties, & liabilities of Directors, Company Meetings, Resolutions, Winding-up of a Company.
7. Income Tax Act -1961 - Important Provisions of Income Tax Act: Assessment year –Assesee, Gross Total Income, Procedure for advance payment of tax and tax deducted at source. Assessment procedure.
8. Central Excise Act -1944: .Basic concepts related to excisable goods, classification of goods, and Basic concept of VAT.
N.D.Kapoor, Mercantile Law, Sultan Chand & Sons, 2006.
S.S. Gulshan, Mercantile Law, 2/e, Excel Books, 2004
Akhileshwar Pathak, Legal Aspects of Business, 3/e, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2007
C.L.Bansal, Business and Corporate Laws, 1/e, Excel Books, 2006
S.N.Maheshwari & Maheshwari, Business Regulatory Framework, Himalaya Publishing House.2006
S.S.Gulshan, Business Law, 2/e, Excel Books, 2005
P.K.Goel, Business Law for Managers, Biztantra - Dreamtech press, 2006
K.R. Bulchandani, Business Law for Management, 4/e, Himalaya Publishing House, 2006
B.B. Lal & N.Vashisht, Direct Taxes, 28/e, Pearson Education, latest edition
B.B. Lal, Income Tax and Central Tax : Law and Practice, Pearson Education, latest edition
B School Admissions
Do check out Admissions for Business, Management & Commerce courses
Business Schools Directory
Browse through the complete List of Top Business Schools in India
Law Topics: Administrative Law ~ Alternative Dispute Resolution ~ Company Law ~ Constitutional Law ~ Contract Law ~ Criminal Law ~ Civil Procedure ~ Environmental Law ~ Family Law ~ Human Rights ~ Industrial Law ~ Intellectual Property ~ International Law ~ Jurisprudence ~ Law of Evidence
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: Syllabus of JNTU Ist year BSc Computer Science course