Need help about a course?
|Home / Syllabus / Tamil Nadu / Bharathiar University School of Distance Education / Postgraduate Courses / MSc Electronic Media / Year I|
Educational Technology and Communication Syllabus
|Ask a question|
Print this page
1. To understand the meaning, scope and concept of Educational Technology and Communication.
2. To compare the software approach with the hardware approach to educational technology.
3. To develop necessary skills in the use of media utilization and applications in the teaching-learning process.
Educational Technology: Definition, Meaning, Scope and Relevance to Modern Education – Technology of Education & Technology in Education
Foundations of Educational Technology: Psychology, Sociology, Communication and Management – Systems Approach as applied to Educational Technology
Communication: Definition, Meaning and Importance – Communication Process – Theories and Models of Communication: Shanon’s Model, Westley and MacLean’s Model, Leagan’s Model and Berlo’s Model
Education through Print, Radio, TV, Multimedia and Internet – Role of Audio-Visual Aids in Education: Projected & Non-projected Aids – Experiments and Projects in Utilization of Media in Education
Meaning, Principles and Process of Communication – Types of Communication: Interpersonal and Mass communication, Verbal and Non-verbal communication – Communication and Language – Communication and Culture – Creative Communication – Noise Factor and Communication – Media & Society – Concept, Meaning and Characteristics of Mass communication – Types of Mass Communication Media: Traditional, Print, Electronic Media
Sound as Mode of communication – Development and Importance – Types of Sound and Audio communication - Uses of Audio Communication
Meaning, Forms, Development and Uses of Visual Communication – Visual Communication through Print, Slides, Films & Filmstrips, TV, Video and Computers – Role of Audio in Visual Communication
Concept and development of telecommunication - Types of telecommunications: Optical fiber and Satellite communication – Edusat – Low-tech and High-tech Telecommunications: Multimedia, Interactive TV, LAN, Videotext, Teletext, Telebridge, WWW and Internet – Virtual teaching and learning.
1. The Process of Education, Bruner J.S, Vintage Books, 1963
2. Educational Technology, Dececo, John, Holt Rinebert Winston, 1964
3. The Technology of Teaching, Skinner B.T, Applenton Century Crofts, 1968
4. Handbook of Educational Technology, Freed P and Hency E, Kogam Page, 1984
5. Educational Technology in Curriculum Development, Rowntree D, Harper & Row, 1982
6. Introduction to Educational Technology, Kulkarni S.S, Oxford & IBH, 1986
7. Educational Technology, Kumar, K.L, New Age International (P) Ltd, 1997
8. Teaching Technology for College Teachers, Vedanayagam E.G, Sterling Publishers (P) Ltd, 1989
9. Essential of Educational Technology: Teaching Learning Innovations in Education, Aggarwal, J.C, Vikas Publishing House (P) Ltd, 1995
The following is a partial list of syllabus of courses similar to MSc offered by Bharathiar University School of Distance Education
The following is a partial list of syllabus of courses similar to Bharathiar University School of Distance Education - MSc offered by other Universities in India
Note: The above courses are picked automatically by the website for indicative purpose only. However, students are requested to check with the University for the similarity of the course or for any other information in regard to the course.
Syllabus presented on this page is indicative and for general information only. Visitors are advised to contact the University directly for the official, detailed and accurate Syllabus, Transcripts and other information. List of course names mentioned here is partial and are not comprehensive and the institution would be offering many other courses than those mentioned on this page.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: Syllabus of Bharathiar University School of Distance Education Ist year BSc Computer Science course