Need help about a course?
|Home » Syllabus » Uttar Pradesh » Gautam Buddh Technical University » Postgraduate Courses » MBA » Semester II|
MBA212 Production and Operations Management Syllabus
|Ask a question|
Print this page
Max. Hours: 40
Transformation process model: Inputs, process and outputs; Classification of operations; Responsibilities of Operations Manager; New Product Development, Selection and Design of Product / Services.
Process types in manufacturing: project, jobbing, batch, line, mass, continuous; Process types in services: professional services, services shops, mass services; Plant location; Layout planning.
Production Planning & Control: Production planning techniques for various process choices, techniques of production control, aggregate planning techniques,
Quality management: Introduction; Meaning; Quality characteristics of goods and services; Tools and techniques for quality improvement: check sheet, histogram, scatter diagram, cause and effect diagram, Pareto chart, process diagram, statistical process control chart; Quality assurance; Total quality management (TQM) model; Service quality, concept of Six Sigma and its application.
Productivity Improvement Techniques: Work study; Method study; Work measurement: time study: stop watch time study; Work sampling.
Maintenance: maintenance policies for facilities and equipment; Time of failure; Preventive versus breakdown maintenance;
Procedure for maintenance, total productive maintenance (TPM)
1) Adam Jr Everetl E. R J – Production and Operations Management (Prentice-Hall, 1992), 2000 5th ed.
2) Chary- Production and Operations Management (Tata McGraw-Hill, 1997 9th ed.)
3) Hill T- Operations Management (Palgrave, 2000)
4) Johnston R et al – Cases in Operations Management (Pitman, 1993)
5) McGregor D – Operations Management (McGraw-Hill, 1960)
6) Morton- Production and Operations Management (Vikas)
7) Haleem A- Production and Operations Management (Galgotia books, 2004)
8) Shanker Ravi- Industrial Engineering ( Galgotia)
9) Chase & Production and operation Management, Richard Irwin London; 1995, 7th ed.
10) Production & Operations Management.- Kanishka Bedi, (Oxford University Press)
The following is a partial list of syllabus of courses similar to MBA offered by Gautam Buddh Technical University
The following is a partial list of syllabus of courses similar to Gautam Buddh Technical University - MBA offered by other Universities in India
Note: The above courses are picked automatically by the website for indicative purpose only. However, students are requested to check with the University for the similarity of the course or for any other information in regard to the course.
Syllabus presented on this page is indicative and for general information only. Visitors are advised to contact the University directly for the official, detailed and accurate Syllabus, Transcripts and other information. List of course names mentioned here is partial and are not comprehensive and the institution would be offering many other courses than those mentioned on this page.
B School Admissions
Do check out Admissions for Business, Management & Commerce courses
Business Schools Directory
Browse through the complete List of Top Business Schools in India