Need help about a course?
Home / Test Papers / IGNOU / MEG1 British Poetry|
MEG1 British Poetry June 2008
|Ask a question|
Print this page
MASTER'S DEGREE PROGRAMME IN ENGLISH
Time: 3 hours
Maximum Marks: 100
Note : Attempt any five of the following questions including Q. No. 1 which is compulsory. All questions carry equal marks.
1. (a) Of smale houndes hadde she that she fedde
With rosted flessn, or milkand wastel-breed.
But soore wepte she is oon of hem were deed,
Or if men smoot it with a yerde smerte;
And al was conscience and tendre herte.
(b) Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer,
And without sneering, teach the est to sneer;
Willing to wound, and yet afraid to strike,
Just hint a fault, and hesitate dislike;
Alike reserv'd to blame, or to commend,
A tim'rous foe, and a suspicious friend;
2. Is Lycidas merely a personal lament for a dead friend or a poem of greater significance? Discuss.
3. Discuss Dryden's Mac Flecknoe as a mock-heroic poem.
4. Consider Blake as an originator of the Romantic Movement in English poetry.
5. Write a note on Dylan Thomas's use of imagery in the poems you have studied.
6. What is Movement Poetry? Would you consider Philip Larkin to be a movement poet? Discuss.
7. Disucss Marvell's 'To His Coy Mistress' as an example of metaphysical poetry.
The following is a partial list of Testpapers of similar / related courses to British Poetry offered by IGNOU
The following is a partial list of Testpapers of courses similar to IGNOU British Poetry - June 2008 offered by other Universities in India
Note: The above courses are picked automatically by the website for indicative purpose only. However, students are requested to check with the University for the similarity of the course or for any other information in regard to the course.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: Question Papers of IGNOU MCA Ist Semester