Need help about a course?
|Ask a question|
Print this page
(CTS, DTS, BTS, BHM
(Ex Diploma), MTM-II)
TS-1 : FOUNDATION COURSE IN TOURISM
Time : 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 100
Note : Attempt any five questions in about 600 words. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain the motives and determinants of tourism activity. (20)
2. Discuss the role of transportation in the growth of tourism in India with special reference to Indian Railways. (20)
3. Enumerate the activities undertaken by a travel agent. (20)
4. What is the difference between a guide and an escort ? Mention the role of a guide and an escort during a tour. (6+14=20)
5. Write short notes on any two of the following : (10x2=20)
(a) Tourism System
(b) Souvenir Sellers and Tourism
(c) Law on Health Regulations.
6. What are the characteristics of a service product? Explain the features of a tourism product with example. (10+10=20)
7. Discuss the concept of promotional mix in tourism.with examples. (20)
8. What do you understand by living culture? Explain with examples the role of living culture as a tourism product. (5+15=20)
9. Write a note on National Action plan on tourism 1992. (20)
10. Explain the Socio-Cultural and Environmental impacts of tourism. (10+10=20)
The following is a partial list of Testpapers of similar / related courses to Foundation Course in Tourism offered by IGNOU
Note: The above courses are picked automatically by the website for indicative purpose only. However, students are requested to check with the University for the similarity of the course or for any other information in regard to the course.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: Question Papers of IGNOU MCA Ist Semester