Many students apply and get admitted to various programs and due to various problems could not attend classes, submit assignments and after forget about the program. Some students wishes to get re-admit back to the program so that they can continue the course from where they have left in the past. The following page details about how to get re-admission for various IGNOU programs.
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR RE-ADMISSION - FOR ALL PROGRAMMES
(other than MP and MBA(B&F))
1. Re-admission is permissible in the following cases :
(a) Students who failed to complete the requirements in full or in part within the maximum span period prescribed.
(b) Students who failed to complete the requirement of attendance in practicals as prescribed in Programme curriculum within the maximum span period prescribed.
2. Students who do not register for all years/semesters of a Programme and fail to pay the prescribed full Programme fee during the maximum duration of the Programme are also eligible for Re-admission, provided they pay full fee for the missed year(s)/ semester(s) as per rate applicable for the session for which they seek re-admission, in addition to the prorata course fee for re-admission as per rate given in Table-A for each of the course(s) they failed to successfully complete within the maximum period prescribed.
3. Course fee paid for re-admission would be valid for a period of two consecutive academic years or four consecutive semesters only.
4. Students shall not be on rolls of the university beyond the additional period of two years or four semesters as stated at (3) above.
5. The additional period of two years will commence from the date of completion of the maximum duration of the Programme for which the registration was done initially.
6. The credit earned by the student towards his/her courses and assignments successfully completed shall be retained for the revalidated period.
7. No study material will be supplied on re-admission. If the earlier study material is replaced, the student will be required to buy changed course material.
8. The students will be allowed to take re-admission in the old course(s) as long as the examination in the old course(s) is conducted by the University.
9. For the Programmes containing practical component, the norms of fee payable will be as decided by the respective Schools.
10. Students are required to pay the pro-rata Re-admission fee as per Table-A, in lump sum for all the courses they failed to successfully complete earlier. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
11. Pro-rata fee for Re-admission would be changed as and when the University revises the Programme fee for various Programmes.
12. Other conditions as prescribed by the University relating to the admission and re-admission shall remain the same.
13. The Demand Draft for Re-admission fee together with the re-registration fee of the missed year(s)/ semester(s), if any, should be drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi. Please write your Enrol. No., Name and Programme code and also the words ‘Re-admission’ on the reverse of the DD.
Important Note: Re-admission fee for depends on the program and the number of courses which the candidate has to appear for.
Contact Information: Please contact your nearest IGNOU Regional Center or IGNOU Study Center for further information or any queries in regard to this.