Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Admission Procedure & Schedule
The following is the schedule for admissions for various Distance Education programs offered by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). If you have already registered for a program in IGNOU and discontinued it for various reasons, you can request for a re-admission. Please visit IGNOU Re-Admission for more information on IGNOU Re-Admission.
The Exact dates for the admissions will be informed in the notification that will be released.
- For Management Programmes admission announcements are issued twice a year March/April and September/October. Entrance Tests are held twice a year on the first Sunday of February and on the first Sunday of August. Please check the IGNOU OPENMAT for the exact dates.
- For BA (Bachelor of Arts), B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce), B.Sc (Bachelor of Science), BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications), BTS (Bachelor of Tourism Studies), MA (English), MA (Hindi) admission announcements are issued in May/June session for July session.
- Admission to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT), Advanced Diploma in Information Technology (ADIT) programmes are available through a national entrance test, which is conducted on the first Sunday of August. Advertisement inviting applications for the entrance test is usually issued in April/May
- For Commonwealth Executive Master of Business Adminstration (CEMBA) and Commonwealth Executive Master of Public Administration (CEMPA) the advertisements are issued in April and October every year for the entrance tests to be held in May and November for July and January Session respectively.
- For Bachelor's Preparatory Programme and all Certificate Programmes (Except Certificate in Rural Surgery(CRS) and Certificate in Teaching of Primary School Mathematics(CTPM) there is walk-in-admissions throughout the year. Application forms submitted between 01 June and 30 November will be considered for January session while applications received between 01 December and 31 May will be considered for July session.
- For Doctoral programmes, application forms submitted between 01 April and 30 September are considered for January session while applications received between 01 October and 31 March are considered for July session
- For all other programmes admission announcements are issued in May/June and the last date for submission of filled-in application forms is 15 September. The academic session starts from 01 January.
Round the year Admissions / Walk in Admission
IGNOU Offers "Round the Year Admission" to its Programmes under the "Walk-in-admission" Scheme. Candidates can avail admission application forms at the Regional Centre/Study Centre, Headquarters and also can download the Prospectus and application forms from the university website at www.ignou.ac.in and can submit the same at the concerned Regional Centres either through Post on in Person. Application forms can be submitted online and programme fee can be paid online through internet gateway (both Credit and Debit Cards) cash deposits at designated banks and payment can also be made through Demand Drafts.
Cut of dates for walk-in-admission for July Session
1. Upto 30th April - Late Fee: Nil
2. 1st May to 31st May - Late Fee: Rs. 200.00
Cut of dates for walk-in-admission for January Session
1. Upto 31st October - Late Fee: Nil
2. 1st November to 30th November - Late Fee: Rs. 200.00
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Admission Schedule 2004 - Archieve Information
Admission Notification for admissions to Masters Degree in English, Masters Degree in Hindi, Masters Degree in History, Masters Degree in Political Science, Masters Degree in Commerce, Masters Degree in Tourism Management, Masters Degree in Library and Information Science, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Computer Applications, Bachelor of Tourism Studies, Bachelor of Library and Information Science for July - 04 session was released.
An electronic version of the Prospectus can be downloaded from IGNOU Website.
Please contact any IGNOU Regional Center or IGNOU Study Center for more details. List of the centers is available at College Directory
section of the website.