Need help about a course?
|Home / College & Universities / Tamil Nadu / Periyar University / Courses / Research / Doctoral Courses|
Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) Zoology
|Ask a question|
Print this page
Information Not Available
General Admission Information for Research Courses
1. The minimum marks for admission to Full-Time M.Phil. Degree Course shall be 50% for the candidates who have qualified for the Masters Degree prior to 01-01-1991 and 55% for the candidates who have qualified for the Masters Degree on or after 01-01-1991. The mark 54.5% and above in Masters Degree could be rounded off to 55% for admission purpose and such candidates may be considered for admission.
For the candidates belonging to S.C./S.T. Community, who have qualified for a Masters Degree on or after 01-01-1991 a concession of 5% of marks will be given in the minimum eligibility marks prescribed.
2. The admission may be made on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying examination and marks scored in the Entrance Test. The Entrance Examination may be conducted on the following lines.
a. The Entrance Test must be conducted for Full-Time M.Phil. candidates only. No Entrance Examination for Part-Time M.Phil.
b. The Entrance Test should be held after the publication of P.G. Results.
c. The Candidates should have to take the examination only in the subject for which he/she has applied for admission and not in the qualifying subject.
d. The Entrance Test will be for 50 marks. The other 50% of marks is for the qualifying examination in the subject concerned.
e. The Entrance Test has to be conducted by the respective departments of the University.
f. The Department may design the question paper for the Entrance Examination. The Question Paper has to set and valued by the respective departments only.
3. (a) In the case of candidates of University of Madras including those from autonomous Colleges of this University both Internal and External marks have to be taken into account.
(b) In the case of candidates who have obtained their P.G. Degree from other Universities, the marks secured by them in the External Examination alone have to be taken into consideration.
4. The conditions for admission prescribed under the regulations in respect of M.Phil. Degree Course should be strictly followed. All Candidates should have passed two year P.G. Degree Course after 3 years Degree Course (B.A., B.Sc., B.Com.,) and Higher Secondary of 12 years duration or Pre-University under 11 years S.S.L.C. +1 year of 10+2 course. Candidates who have passed the P.G. Degree Examination with less than 17 years of total duration of the course are not eligible for admission to M.Phil. Course.
5. The Heads of the Departments should insist on the candidates who required recognition of the qualifying examination passed by them at other Universities/Bodies to produce and eligibility certificate obtained from the Registrar of this University before granting admission to them.
6. The Departmental Committee will make recommendations purely on Merit subject to reservation rules of the Government of Tamilnadu (i.e.) 31% for Open Competition (Merit), 30% for B.C., 20% for M.B.C. & D.C., 18% for S.C. and 1% for S.T. with 3% in each of these categories for Physically handicapped.
Candidates from States other than Tamilnadu shall be considered Under Open Competition except S.C. & S.T. Candidates.
7. Since O.C. is meant here as Open Competition O.C. Waiting List will contain candidates in accordance with overall rank list (e.g.) O.C. waiting List may contain candidates of BC/MBC & DC/SC/ST., even if they might have already been included in the Selected List of respective Community. In the over all rank list O.C. Selection List and O.C. Waiting List Communities other than BC/MBC & DC/SC/ST may be denoted by F.C. (not by O.C.)
8. With regard to number of Seats allotted to each department the teachers permitted to guide M.Phil. candidates should not take in more than three candidates in Science subjects and four candidates in Humanities and not more than 12 candidates as overall strength of the whole department.
9. While forwarding the admission list the following should be furnished.
I. List of candidates Applied (Vide format I - Annexure I)
II. List of candidates appeared for the Entrance Test with Absentees.
III. Rank List of Candidates (Vide format II - Annexure I)
IV. List of candidates Selected/Waiting List (Vide format II - Annexure I)
Selected List :
1. Candidates Selected for Admission under OC (FC, BC, etc.)
2. Candidates Selected for Admission under BC
3. Candidates Selected for Admission under MBC & DC
4. Candidates Selected for Admission under S.C.
5. Candidates Selected for Admission under S.T.
Waiting List :
1. Candidates selected to be kept in the Waiting List under OC (FC, BC, etc.)
2. Candidates selected to be kept in the Waiting List under BC
3. Candidates selected to be kept in the Waiting List under MBC & DC
4. Candidates selected to be kept in the Waiting List under SC.
5. Candidates selected to be kept in the Waiting List under
V. List of Physically handicapped candidates
(separate in format II - Annexure I )
VI. List of recognised guides available.
In respect of Part-Time M.Phil. Course the particulars may be furnished as per the Annexure II enclosed.
10. The Vacancies arising due to the Selected candidates not joining will be recommended from the Waiting List in the order of marks obtained in the respective category.
11. If no MBC & DC candidates are available such vacancies may be recommended with BC, ST, SC, OC candidates in that order. If no BC candidates are available vacancies may be recommended with MBC & DC, ST, SC, OC, candidates in that order. Vacancy arising under SC/ST category should be filled only with SC/ST and not with others.
Information about the courses provided here is partial and should not be treated as comprehensive. i.e The institution would be offering other course than those mentioned here. Students are advised to check with the intitution for the latest information in regard to the course.
Fee Structure- Examination :
Cost of Application form
Cultural & Youth Festival Fee
Rs. 200/- per annum
- for Arts
Rs. 300/- per annum
- for Science
Rs. 1200/- per annum
Laboratory Fee for Chemicals
Rs. 1200/- per annum
Laboratory Fee for Computers
Rs. 1200/- per annum
The following is a partial list of courses similar to Periyar University Doctorate of Philosophy - Zoology offered by other Universities in India
Note: The above courses are picked automatically by the website for indicative purpose only and does not mean that the University treats the courses as equivalent or similar. Students have to check with the University for the similarity of the course or for any further information in this regard.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: Periyar University MCA Admission Notification 2012