Assignment Code: MEG-3/TMA-1/2005
Coverage: Blocks 1-4
Maximum Marks: 100
Attempt all questions. All questions carry equal marks
1. What do you understand by the term "characters as characterisations". How would you relate to the characters in Tom Jones? Discuss.
2. What does Jane Austen privilege in Pride and Prejudice - "education" or "up -bringing"?
3. What are Emily Bronte's views on religion? How would you analyse the character of Heathcliff from that perspective?
4. What do you understand by the term "New Criticism"? Attempt a reading of Wuthering Heights on the basis of your understanding of "New criticism".
5. Critically examine the significance of Jaggers and Wemmick in Great Expectations.