Need help about a course?
|Home / Syllabus / Maharashtra / Shivaji University / Under Graduate Courses / BE Automobile Syllabus|
3 Transport Management Syllabus
|Ask a question|
Print this page
Theory paper: 100 marks (3 hrs duration)
Term work: 25 marks
Oral examination: 25 marks
Section – I
1. Motor Vehicle Act: Short titles & definitions, Laws governing to use of motor vehicle & vehicle transport, Licensing of drivers & conductors, Registration of vehicle, State & interstate permits, Traffic rules, Signals & controls, Accidents, Causes & analysis, Liabilities & preventive measures, Design of road complex, Responsibility of driver, Public & public authorities, Offences, penalties & procedures, Different types of forms. Government administration structure, Personnel, Authorities & duties, Rules & regulations, Rules regarding construction of motor vehicles
2. Taxation: Objectives, Structure & methods of laving taxation, One time tax, Tax exemption & tax renewal
3. Insurance: Insurance types & significance, Comprehensive, Third party insurance, Furnishing of particulars of vehicles involved in accident, Award of the claims tribunal, MACT (Motor Accident Claims Tribunal), Solatium Fund, Hit & Run case, Duty of driver in case of accident, Surveyor & Loss Assessor, Surveyor’s report
Section – II
4. Passenger Transport Operation: Structure of passenger transport organizations, Typical depot layouts, requirements, Problems on fleet management, Fleet maintenance, Planning - Scheduling operation & control, personal & training-training for drivers & conductors, Public relations, Propaganda, publicity, passenger amenities, Advertisement work, Parcel traffic. Theory of fares, Basic principles of fare charging ,Differential rates for different types of services, Depreciation & debt charges, operation cost, Revenues, Economics & records.
5. Goods Transport Operation: Structure of goods transport organizations, scheduling of goods transport, Management Information System (MIS) in passenger / goods transport operation, storage & transportation of petroleum products
6. Advance Techniques in Traffic Management – Traffic navigation, global positioning system
1. Organization & Management of Motor Vehicle Department
2. Collection & study of different types of RTO forms.
3. Central Motor Vehicle rules
4. Taxation, Insurance & Permits
5. Study of accidents claims & survey report including post accident procedure
6. Study of depot layouts (passenger & goods transport)
7. Case study of MIS in passenger / goods transport organization
8. Collection & study of goods transport records.
9. Study of vehicle navigation system
10. Advanced traffic control devices
1. Motor Vehicle Act - Govt. of India Publications.
2. Santosh Sharma, "Productivity in Road Transport", 2nd Edition, Association of State Road Transport Undertakings, New Delhi.
3. P.G.Patankar, "Road Passenger Transport in India", CIRT, Pune.
4. S.K. Shrivastava, "Economics of Transport"
5. "Transport Development in India", S. Chand & Co. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
B School Admissions
Do check out Admissions for Business, Management & Commerce courses
Business Schools Directory
Browse through the complete List of Top Business Schools in India
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: Syllabus of Shivaji University Ist year BSc Computer Science course