Need help about a course?
Home / Test Papers / IGNOU / BNS105 Behavioural Sciences (Sociology and General Psycology)|
BNS105 Behavioural Sciences (Sociology and General Psycology) December 2005
|Ask a question|
Print this page
BNS-105: BEHAVIOURAL SCIENCES
(SOCIOLOGY AND GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY)
Time: 3 hours
Maximum Marks : 70
(Sociology)Attempt all questions.
1. Explain Sociology as a science. Describe the psychosocial paradigm of health. (2+3=5)
2. Define family. List any four distinctive features of family. Describe the functions of family. (1+1+3=5)
3. Discuss the sociological view of illness. (5)
4. Discuss the patient's definition of sickness. (5)
5. Write the meaning of the following terms : (2x5=10)
(iv) Folkways and Mores
6. Fill in the blanks: (5)
(i) The socialization which starts from the later stage of childhood and goes to maturity is called as_________ socialization.
(ii) The pattern of inter-relationship among individuals in a society refers to___________
(iii) The process by which a biological being becomes a social being is called a__________
(iv) Family, school, peer group are the agencies of_______ socialization.
(v) White collar workers and professionals are included in _______class.
(General Psychology)Attempt all questions. Giue examples from Nusing to support your answer.
7. Define the term Psychology. Discuss the importance of studying psychology in nursing. (1+4=5)
8. Describe the term individual differences. Explain how do the individual differences originate. (2+3=5)
9. Describe Freud's psychosexual theory of development. (5)
10. List the theories of motivation.Explain any one theory of motivation. (2+3=5)
11. Write short notes on any two of the following: (5x2=10)
(i) Mental subnormality
(ii) Transfer of learning
(iv) Methods of changing attitudes
12. Fill in the blanks : (1x5=5)
(i) An ego defense mechanism in which the individual escapes from reality by day-dreaming is referred to as ______
(ii) Ethical or moral dimension of personality is called ________
(iii) A state of focused awareness accompanied by sensory cleamess and a central nervous readiness to response is called________.
(iv) Feelings that energize and direct behaviour are called ______
(v) All mental events especially perceptual ones tend towards the simplest possible, is explained in _________ Psychology.
Note: The above courses are picked automatically by the website for indicative purpose only. However, students are requested to check with the University for the similarity of the course or for any other information in regard to the course.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: Question Papers of IGNOU MCA Ist Semester