MNO M.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION, APRIL 1999.
(Held in October 1999) Second Year Group III
International Trade And Foreign Exchange
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 marks
Answer any FIVE questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Discuss the factors which determine the terms of trade.
2. Explain the Heckscher—Ohlin theory of international trade.
3. What are Tariffs? Explain about effects of Tariffs.
4. What is an import quota? How does it differ from a tariff? In what respects tariffs and quotas are
equivalent in their effect?
5. What are the main causes for the adverse balance of payments in India? What measures would you suggest to meet the situation?
6. “Rapid economic development necessarily implies a rise in the ratio of imports to national income” —Discuss.
7. Discuss the working and achievements of the Asian Development Bank.
8. Explain briefly the objectives of EEC. What is its role in helping developing countries? Explain in particular its relations with India.
9. Analyse the latest trends in the volume composition and direction of India’s foreign trade.
10. Briefly outline the export and import procedures in India.