Need help about a course?
Home / Universities & Colleges / Gujarat / Ahmedabad / Gujarat University / Notifications
Admission to Dental Postgraduate courses (MDS) for the Academic Year - 2005
Ask a question|
Print this page
Office of the Registrar
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad – 380009
Date: / 01/2005
Admission to Dental Postgraduate courses (MDS) for the Academic Year - 2005
Application in the prescribed form are invited for admission to the postgraduate Dental courses of Gujarat University Application forms (alongwith relevant rules applicable) will be available at office of the Gujarat University (Co. Operative Store, Ground Floor, University Main Building,Ahmedabad)on payment of Rs. 500/- each as per programme shown in Para No.13 (Old forms are invalid)
(1) The application form, before submission, should be completed in all
respects in every details. No alteration or addition, will be permitted
later on. Duly certified copies of required documents should be
attached. Copy of INTERNSHIP COMPLETION CERTIFICATE must also
be attached. (If full internship is not completed, documentary proof
from the Dean of the college, regarding date of completion of internship
must be submitted, failing which, candidate will not be eligible for
admission. Only the external marks (University marks) obtained in each
subject by the candidate are to be considered, for preparing the merit list. If mark sheets do not have separate internal & external marks, then candidate must provide documentary proof of subject wise external marks, from respective university. These documents must have information regarding external marks obtained and also total external examination marks subject wise, failing to this, the application
will be rejected without informing the candidate. None of the accompaniments will be returned.
All original certificates, the copies of which are attached to the
application form must be brought at the time of interview for
verification. Original mark sheets of the admitted candidates will be
returned by the authority. Last date of acceptance of completely filled in application form with entrance examination fee receipt is as per the
programme shown in para No. –13. Entrance Examination Fee Rs.
1500/- will be accepted at Room No.20 ,Ground Floor,Gujarat University Office,Navrangpura, Ahmedabad upto 4-00 p.m. on working days, except the recess period.
(3) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
3.1 He/She must be an Indian National and should posses the BDS degree from only Gujarat State’s Universities.
3.2 The candidate must have completed the recognised B.D.S. or
equivalent course and compulsory rotating internship before the date
of interview. All candidates shall have to submit the documentary proof
from the Dean of the college regarding the date of completion of
internship along with the application failing which their application
shall be similarly rejected. However, candidate should have to produce
full internship completion certificate at the time of interview, failing
which, candidate will not be eligible for admission.
3.3 A candidate should have obtained permanent Registration with the
Dental Council of India or Gujarat Dental Council within one month from the date of his/her admission, failing which, the admission of candidate shall be cancelled and will not be eligible to apply in future.
3.4 A candidate who is currently engaged in P.G. Dental Studies in Gujarat
University or any other University or equivalent body is not eligible. On
completion of the course that is after passing the University exam for
that course, he/she becomes eligible for another P.G. Dental course.
3.5 A candidate, who, in the past, selected and admitted to any P.G.Dental course of this or any other University or any equivalent body and did not complete that course that is, if the candidate has not cleared the university examination of that course, is not eligible.
3.6 A candidate who has applied earlier to this University and who was disqualified because of reasons mentioned in Rule 6.5 is not eligible.
3.7 A candidate who is graduate of the University other than Gujarat University should have to submit provisional eligibility certificate.(P.E.C.) from the Gujarat University within one month from the date of his/her admission, failing which the admission of candidate shall be cancelled and will not be eligible to apply in future.
3.8 A candidate has to appear in Competitive entrance examination for admission to the Postgraduate Dental courses (M.D.S.) held by the Gujarat University and shall have to secure at least 50% marks in entrance test, (For reserve category students 40% marks) to become eligible for admission.
4.A All the applications will be considered for open category students but if
any candidate wishes to claim admission under SC/ST/SEBC category
i.e. reserved seats for this respective category should furnish details in
application form along with relevant documents mentioned thereof. The
allocation of seats to this reserved category will be decided as per the
roster register maintained separately by the affiliated
Institution/College of Gujarat University.
4.B If any of the statement made in the application form or any information/ document supplied by the candidate in connection with the application
for admission is found to be false or incorrect or misguiding or if it is found that the candidate has concealed any information /fact in connection with his application, the application form shall be rejected/his admission shall be cancelled without any notice thereof,fees forfeited and he may be expelled and prosecuted.
5. Completed application form along with entrance examination fee receipt
will be accepted at Room No.35, P.G. Section,1st floor, Gujarat
University office, Ahmedabad as per programme shown in Para-13 .
Prescribed receipt will be issued immediately. Application by post must
be sent by Registered A.D. addressed to the Registrar, Gujarat
University , P . G Section, Room.No.35, Gujarat University,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad-9. Applicant or his/her duly authorized
representative who has obtained prior permission of the university
should remain present for the interview at the appointed date and time
and also at the time called later again. Candidate or his duly authorised
representative remains absent for whatever reason, his name will be
removed from the merit list and he/she will not be considered for any
post. However, he will be eligible to apply again in future.
6. Only those applications received up to last date will be considered. Any application received later than the last date due to postal delay or any other reason, will not be considered.
7. Entrance examination will be held, as per programme shown in Para No. 13 and interview (counseling) for selection and appointment will be held at Sanskruti Hall, 1st floor, B.J.Dental College, Civil Hospital Campus, Ahmedabad as per programme shown in Para No. 13. Separate notice or individual letters for interview (counseling) or entrance examination will not be sent. The applicant should remain present 15 minutes before the commencement of the interview/entrance examination on the day and time fixed for the same with valid Identity card in original.
8. Before the entrance test, two separate lists of applicants, i.e. one of applicants graduated from Gujarat University and another of applicants graduated from other than Gujarat University will be put on notice board for verification of I,II,III & IV B.D.S. marks and with attempts and other information. Representation against this list, if any, should reach the university office within 72 hours of publication of the list.
9. After the entrance test, only the passed candidates will be put in two
separate final merit lists. One merit list of candidates graduated from
the Gujarat University and another of candidates graduated from other
than the Gujarat University for the purpose of admission to P.G. Dental
Courses as per Rule framed by the Guj. University. After the admissions
given to the candidates listed on Merit List of candidates graduated
from the Guj. University are over, the remaining vacancies will be filled
up by operating merit list of candidates graduated other than the Guj.
10. Admission and appointment orders will be issued at the time of interview and fees and deposit will have to be paid immediately. After selection, candidate should bring enough cash for the purpose. Nonpayment of fees will nullify the selection and other candidate will be selected.
11. Selected and admitted candidates are required to execute the bond along with solvency certificate/bank guarantee of Rs. 75,000/- or Rs. 1,00,000 as per the rules of concern institute/college and submit to the head of the concern institute/college failing which their admission will be cancelled without any notice and they will be debarred from applying in the future.
12.The selected and admitted candidates are required to join within 7(seven)days, failing which their admission will be cancelled and they will be debarred from applying in future.
13. PROGRAMME :
a. Application forms along with relevant rules shall be available from - 20th January 2005 at 11.00 a.m.
b. Last date of acceptance of completed application form along with entrance examination fee receipt is up to - 31st January, 2005 up to 4-00 pm
c. List of applicants to be declared for their checking I/II/III & IV B.D.S. and attempts and other information mentioned therein. – Dt.7/3/2005.
d. Declaration of candidates list for Entrance Examination and centre - Dt.11/3/2005.
e. Entrance Examination will be held on - Dt. 19/3/2005
At 3.00 P.M.to
f. Declaration of Merit List - 2nd week of April , 2005
g. Interview (Counseling) for selection - 21 st April, 2005 and appointment will be held on at 9-00 a.m. Onwards
h. Last date for joining the course - Dt. 30-4-2005
14. List of documents (attested by Gazetted Officers)
(1) I, II, III & IV B.D.S. Mark sheets (for all the attempts)
(2) Document from the respective University mentioning separate External passing marks for I,II,III & IV B.D.S. subjects. It must show the total external marks of those subjects.
(3) Attempts certificates of I, II, III & IV B.D.S.
(4) Internship Completion Certificate from, Dean Dental College. Certificate from Dean, Dental College, mentioning date of completion of internship for a concerned candidate.
(5) Caste certificates (2 Copies) for SC/ST/SEBC/PH.
(6) Non-Creamy layer certificate of current financial year (2
copies) for S.E.B.C. category students
(8) School Leaving Certificate (2 copies)
a. Passing certificate of P.G.Examination (if required) for the students who have taken admission earlier.
b. Certificate of Registration with Gujarat Dental Council or Dental Council of India.
c. Two self addressed envelopes with appropriate postage stamp.
Copy with compliment to :
1. The Dean Govt. Dental College –Ahmedabad
2. The Dean, Medical Faculty, Gujarat University. Ahmedabad.
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: IGNOU MCA Admission Notification 2011