Need help about a course?
|Home / Universities & Colleges / Gujarat / Ahmedabad / Gujarat University / Notifications / Admission to Medical Postgraduate courses (MD/MS/Diploma) for the Academic Year - 2005||
Ask a question|
Print this page
Office of the Registrar
Date.: 21/ 12/2004
Admission to Medical Postgraduate courses ( MD/MS/Diploma )for the Academic Year - 2005.
(1) Application in the prescribed form are invited for admission to the postgraduate medical courses of Gujarat University (other than D. M./M.Ch.) Application forms (alongwith relevant rules applicable) will be available at office of the Gujarat University (Co.Operative Store, Ground Floor, University Main Building,Ahmedabad)on payment of Rs. 500/- each as per programme shown in Para No.13 (Old forms are invalid)
(2) The application form, before submission, should be completed in all
respects in every details. No alteration or addition, will be permitted
later on. Duly certified copies of required documents should be
attached. Copy of INTERNSHIP COMPLETION CERTIFICATE must also
be attached. (If full internship is not completed, documentary proof
from the Dean of the college, regarding date of completion of internship
must be submitted, failing which, candidate will not be eligible for
admission. Only the external marks (University marks) obtained in each
subject by the candidate are to be considered, for preparing the merit list. If mark sheets do not have separate internal & external marks, then candidate must provide documentary proof of subject wise external marks, from respective university. These documents must have information regarding external marks obtained and also total external examination marks subject wise, failing to this, the application will be rejected without informing the candidate. None of the accompaniments will be returned.
All original certificates, the copies of which are attached to the application form must be brought at the time of interview for verification. Original mark sheets of the admitted candidates will be returned by the authority. Last date of acceptance of completely filled in application form with entrance examination fee receipt is as per the programme shown in para No. –13. Entrance Examination Fee Rs. 1500/- will be accepted at Room No.20 ,Ground Floor,Gujarat University Office,Navrangpura, Ahmedabad upto 4-00 p.m. on working days, except the recess period.
(3) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
3.1 He/She must be an Indian National.
3.2 The candidate must have completed the recognised M.B.B.S. or
equivalent course and compulsary rotating internship before the date
of interview. All candidates shall have to submit the documentary proof
from the Dean of the college regarding the date of completion of
internship alongwith the application failing which their application shall
be similarly rejected. However, candidate should have to produce full
internship completion certificate at the time of interview, failing which,
candidate will not be eligible for admission.
3.3 A candidate should have obtained permanent Registration with the Medical Council of India or Gujarat Medical Council within one month from the date of his/her admission, failing which, the admission of candidate shall be cancelled and will not be eligible to apply in future.
3.4 A candidate who is currently engaged in P.G. Medical Studies in
Gujarat University or any other University or equivalent body is not
eligible. On completion of the course that is after passing the University
exam for that course, he/she becomes eligible for another P.G. medical
3.5 A candidate, who, in the past, selected and admitted to any P.G.Medical course of this or any other University or any equivalent body and did not complete that course that is, if the candidate has not cleared the university examination of that course, is not eligible.
3.6 A candidate who has applied earlier to this University and who was disqualified because of reasons mentioned in Rule 6.5 is not eligible.
3.7 A candidate who is graduate of the University other than Gujarat University should have to submit provisional eligibility certificate.(P.E.C.) from the Gujarat University within one month from the date of his/her admission, failing which the admission of candidate shall be cancelled and will not be eligible to apply in future.
3.8 A candidate has to appear in Competitive entrance examination for admission to the Postgraduate Medical courses (M.D./M.S./Diploma) held by the Gujarat University and shall have to secure atleast 50% marks in entrance test, (For reserve category students 40% marks) to become eligible for admission.
4.A All the applications will be considered for open category students but if any candidate wishes to claim admission under SC/ST/SEBC category i.e. reserved seats for this respective category should furnish details in application form alongwith relevant documents mentioned thereof. The allocation of seats to this reserved category, will be decided as per the roster register maintained separately by the affiliated Institution/College of Gujarat University.
The candidate who wishes to claim for a seat reserved under Physically Handicapped category, should furnish the details in application form with relevant documents mentioned thereof. This candidate must present himself/herself before Medical Board constituted as per G.R.No.MCG/1004/1976/J for assessing and certifying percentage of Locomotor disability (Lower Limbs only and upper limbs being normal) between 50% to 70% as per M.C.I. guidelines. The eligible candidates under this category will be given admission to Non-Surgical Medical courses only as per M.C.I. guidelines subject to the availability of seats in different non-surgical medical courses for physically handicapped students as per roster point guidelines given by the Govt. of Gujarat.
4.B If any of the statement made in the application form or any information/ document supplied by the candidate in connection with the application for admission is found to be false or incorrect or misguiding or if it is found that the candidate has concealed any information /fact in connection with his application, the application form shall be rejected/his admission shall be cancelled without any notice thereof, fees forfeited and he may be expelled and prosecuted.
5. Completed application form alongwith entrance examination fee receipt
will be accepted at Room No.35, P.G. Section,1st floor, Gujarat
University office, Ahmedabad as per programme shown in Para-13 .
Prescribed receipt will be issued immediately. Application by post must
be sent by Registered A.D. addressed to the Registrar, Gujarat
University , P . G Section, Room.No.35, Gujarat University,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad-9. Applicant or his/her duly authorized representative who has obtained prior permission of the university should remain present for the interview at the appointed date and time and also at the time called later again. Candidate or his duly authorised representative remains absent for whatever reason, his name will be removed from the merit list and he/she will not be considered for any post. However, he will be eligible to apply again in future.
6. Only those applications received up to last date will be considered. Any application received later than the last date due to postal delay or any other reason, will not be considered.
7. Entrance examination will be held, as per programme shown in Para No. 13 and interview (counseling) for selection and appointment will be held at Sanskruti Hall, 1st floor, B.J.Medical College, Civil Hospital Campus, Ahmedabad as per programme shown in Para No. 13. Separate notice or individual letters for interview (counseling) or entrance examination will not be sent. The applicant should remain present 15 minutes before the commencement of the interview/entrance examination on the day and time fixed for the same with valid Identity card in original.
8. Before the entrance test, two separate lists of applicants, i.e. one of applicants graduated from Gujarat University and another of applicants graduated from other than Gujarat University will be put on notice board for verification of I,II,III M.B.B.S. marks and with attempts and other informations. Representation against this list, if any, should reach the university office within 72 hours of publication of the list.
9. After the entrance test, only the passed candidates will be put in two
separate final merit lists. One merit list of candidates graduated from
the Gujarat University and another of candidates graduated from other
than the Gujarat University for the purpose of admission to P.G.
Medical Courses as per Rule framed by the Guj. University. After the
admissions given to the candidates listed on Merit List of candidates
graduated from the Guj. University are over, the remaining vacancies
will be filled up by operating merit list of candidates graduated other other than the Guj. University.
10. Admission and appointment orders will be issued at the time of
interview and fees and deposit will have to be paid immediately. After
selection, candidate should bring enough cash for the purpose. Nonpayment
of fees will nullify the selection and other candidate will be
11. Selected and admitted candidates are required to execute the bond alongwith solvancy certificate/bank guarantee of Rs. 75,000/- or Rs. 1,00,000 as per the rules of concern institute/college and submit to the head of the concern institute/college failing which their admission will be cancelled without any notice and they will be debarred from applying in the future.
12. The selected and admitted candidates are required to join within 7(seven) days, failing which their admission will be cancelled and they will be debarred from applying in future.
13. PROGRAMME :
a. Application forms alongwith relevant rules shall be available from - 11th January 2005 at 11.00 a.m.
b. Last date of acceptance of completed application form alongwith entrance examination fee receipt is up to - 24th January, 2005 up to 4-00 pm
c. List of applicants to be declared for their checking Ist/IInd/IIIrd and atempts and other information mentioned therein. – Dt.1/3/2005.
d. Declaration of candidates list for Entrance Examination and centre - Dt.8/3/2005.
e. Entrance Examination will be held on - Dt. 12/3/2005 at 3-00 p.m. to 6-00 p.m.
f. Declaration of Merit List - 1st week of April , 2005
g. Interview(Counseling)for selection - 19th & 20th April, 2005 and appointment will be held on at 9-00 a.m. onwards
h. Last date for joining the course - Dt. 30-4-2005
14. After P.G. interviews, remaining vacancy, if any, remains in nonclinical subjects in the concerned department/ Medical college then the same subject be offered to the Tutor of the concerned department/Medical college those who have applied for the same on the basis of merit of their MBBS marks. Priority should be given to
regular confirmed Tutors (Non-clinical subjects include – Anatomy, Physiology, Bio-chemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine and Preventive & Social Medicine).
15. List of documents (attested by Gazetted Officers)
(1) Ist, IInd & III rd MBBS Mark sheets (for all the attempts)
(2) Document from the respective University mentioning separate External passing marks for Ist,IInd & IIIrd MBBS subjects. It must show the total external marks of those subjects.
(3) Attempts certificates of I,II & IIIrd MBBS.
(4) Internship Completion Certificate from, Dean Medical College. Certificate from Dean, Medical College, mentioning date of completion of internship for a concerned candidate.
(5) Caste certificates (2 Copies) for SC/ST/SEBC/PH.
(6) Non-Creamy layer certificate of current financial year (2
copies) for S.E.B.C. category students
(8) School Leaving Certificate (2 copies)
a. Passing certificate of P.G.Examination (if required) for the
students who have taken admission earlier.
b. Certificate of Registration with Gujarat Medical Council or
Medical Council of India.
c. Two self addressed envelopes with appropriate postage stamp.
Copy with compliment to :
1. The Dean/ P.G.Director of All Medical Colleges of Gujarat State..
2. The Dean, Medical Faculty, Gujarat University., Ahmedabad.
3. The Commissioner for Higher Educaion,Gandhinagar
4. The Secretary, Health Deptt.,New Sachivalaya,Gandhinagar.
National Institute of Siddha (NIS), Tambaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Admission to MD Siddha. Last date for applying for Entrance Test is October 1, 2011
Enter a detailed keyword. Ex: IGNOU MCA Admission Notification 2011